Built standard with its 10 foot opening the OverBuilt Car Crusher has the highest opening on the market. In addition, the remarkable 159 tons of crushing power allows the OverBuilt Car Crusher to handle as many as six cars at a time. It will also crush trucks, busses, and large farm equipment with ease.
With an OverBuilt Crusher there is no setup or take-down time necessary, the operator simply raises the lid, loads the deck, and starts crushing. When the job is finished, the lid is lowered and a portable machine is ready to drive away.
All OverBuilt crushers have an Advanced Automation System which includes a remote control with 2 auto-cycles, individual cylinder control switches, auto-up cycle, remote engine start/stop, emergency stop, and emergency limit shutdown feature.
OverBuilt’s industry leading design with its extra-long deck, superior opening height, and optional High-Speed Oil Bypass System allow for unmatched productivity.OverBuilt Car Crusher Brochure
Why OverBuilt Car Crushers Are Superior To Our CompetitionShow Information
Cylinders are weakest when the load is being pushed and the rod is almost fully extended. The design of our crusher allows us to maximize the cylinders' strength by applying the crushing force in the retract (pull) stroke. Lowering our lid increases the distance between the top of the cylinder and the bottom of the piston. This means that the cylinders are getting stronger as the lid lowers.
The OverBuilt cylinder strength lies in the use of wear guides. Because of their density, wear guides cannot be compressed. This allows them to act as linear bearings between the internal moving parts of the cylinder. Wear guides allow the cylinder parts to maintain very close tolerances even after years of use. Seals and wipers are made of a soft material. When installed without adequate wear guides they can be compressed causing misalignment and metal to metal contact.
An OverBuilt Gland has two 1.75" wear guides and the design of the gland is very important.
- Increases the bearing length, allowing the use of two 1.75" wear guides.
- Increases the minimum distance between the top of the gland and the bottom of the piston. This distance is very important: the greater the distance the stronger the cylinder.
Piston Wear Guides
An OverBuilt Piston has two 1" wear guides. We believe the wider the bearing surface the stronger the cylinder! As you can see, with the OverBuilt piston design, we use two wear guides located on the outer edges of the piston. This will significantly reduce any tendency for the piston to rock. By keeping the piston properly aligned in the cylinder we can avoid damage to the honed tube and piston itself. Pistons without wear guides can rock in the cylinder, scarring the piston as well as the delicately honed inner surface.
Pressure switches control the lid on the down stroke. They are set at 2400 psi, which equates to 159,000 pounds of force per side, for a total crushing force of 159 tons! When this pressure is achieved the pressure switch closes and tells the microprocessor to raise the lid.
- Easy to adjust with indicator lights that tell what pressure they are set at.
- Placed behind a snubber to reduce shock.
- Rugged and Reliable!
Rocker switches control the lid on the upstroke. While they cost more to install than pressure switches, the benefits are substantial—you’ll save fuel and experience less wear and tear. The engine idles down as soon as the lid hits the switch. This keeps the engine and pump from having to build 1000–1500 psi in each cylinder before idling down. Most importantly, it keeps the cylinder from topping out, a problem that causes constant hammering of the piston into the bottom of the gland.
The sludge trap is another simple OverBuilt solution! Fluid and debris fall into one of two sludge trap drain covers on either side of the floor of the crusher. The heavier particles fall into the bottom of the trap and the fluid fills the trap and then overflows into the 400 gallon storage tank. The ball valve is opened to clean out the sludge trap or the access cover can be removed to clean it out. Water is heavier than oil, therefore the ball valve at the bottom of the storage tank allows for the removal of water before the collected waste oil is pumped out.Sludge Trap Side Cut Away
Control Cabinet & Receiver
- Allows operator access to the flat and rock cycles without the transmitter
- Double insulated from shock and vibration
- Water tight connectors and switches
- Connections are crimped and soldered
- Cord ends are soldered and sealed with non-corrosive silicone
- The Receiver’s modular design puts all the components in one 6" x 8" x 4" enclosure. If service is needed simply replace with a loaner from OverBuilt and send in the old one for repair. The receiver can usually be swapped out in less than 10 minutes and involves just 4 bolts and 3 cords.
Standard FeaturesShow Information
- Power Plant
- Diesel Engine - Electronic safety shutdown gauges, electronic idle up, cold weather package including head-bolt heater, and heavy-duty radiator
- Electric Motor – With Optional Soft Start System
- 10 foot Opening - more than 2 foot higher than most other crushers on the market
- Large diesel tank - 400 gallon “on-board” storage tank
- Safety Locks - Safety locks are conveniently placed to secure the lid during cleanout or maintenance operations.
- Lockable cabinet for valves and engine controls - also offers additional storage
- Advanced Oil Recovery System (Patent Pending)
- Two sludge traps
- Water separating valve
- 400 Gallon on-board storage tank
- 4 access covers for easy maintenance
- The fluid that overflows is filtered through a 50-mesh stainless steel screen
- We provide extra screens and steel drain covers
- Fittings allow you to use a standard barrel pump to remove the waste oil
The remote control lowers operating costs by allowing the loader operator to also operate the crusher.
- Two automatic crushing cycles, flat and rock
- Individual up and down cylinder control buttons
- Auto Up Cycle
- Water-resistant transmitter and receiver enclosures
- Emergency Stop
- Runs on 9V or 2 AA Batteries
- Engine Start/Stop switch. Stop or start the engine from the hand-held transmitter.
- Automatic engine idle down
- Automatic cycle can be operated from valve box
- Emergency limit switch shutdown feature
- Manual control levers on the valves
- Horn sounds during auto cycles
- Emergency stop
- Safety locks are conveniently placed to secure the lid during cleanout or maintenance operations.
(175.769 kg/sq cm)
(144.242 metric tons)
Note: Some specifications and features are subject to change.
Car Crusher OptionsShow Information
Turn Key Electric Conversion
Converts a diesel motor on a car crusher into an electric motor. Meets requirements in locations with more restrictive EPA standards. Can be used on either a stationary or portable car crushers. Self contained turn key conversion, easily swapped for diesel motor in a matter of hours.
High Speed Oil Bypass System (Patented)
Most manufacturers use lots of horsepower to make their crushers work fast. At OverBuilt, we prefer to use physics instead!
The High-Speed option includes a 2.5" pilot operated valve and cylinders that have 2.5" oil ports. This bypass system allows oil to be transferred between the top and bottom cylinder ports, without having to go back through the main control valve.
When you raise the deck 27 gallons of hydraulic oil in the top of the cylinder transfer to the bottom. Add only 5 gallons of oil from the pump and in just 8 seconds you've put 32 gallons of oil in the bottom of the cylinder. Raising the deck in just 8 seconds is even more impressive when you consider we have 2 feet more stroke than most crushers. This puts your actual cylinder port oil flow at over 200 gallons per minute.
Going down, oil in the bottom of your cylinder is forced into the top. Since there is more oil in the bottom than the top, the excess is sent back to the tank. With the high-speed system we are able to move the deck up or down at about 1 foot per second, compared to just inches per second with a standard system.
A small metering valve allows you to adjust the distance the lid falls in the high-speed mode. The factory setting is 4 feet, after which the deck lowers the final 4 feet at a slower crushing speed.
Heavy Duty Hydraulic Landing Gear
with extra-large 23” x 16” pads
System includes 120 gallon tank, filter, regulator, automatic oiler and 100’ of half-inch hose on a spring retractable reel
Auxiliary Fuel Pump
Lockable cabinet with a 12 volt fuel pump and hose lets you fuel your loader from the crusher’s huge 400-gallon fuel tank
Diesel Auxiliary Coolant Heater
Preheats engine block and hydraulic oil for cold weather starting
High Pressure Filters
High efficiency liquid filtration for additional system protection
6-Cylinder Diesel Engine
John Deere, Cummins or Caterpillar.
Longer Crushing Bed
22’ and 24’ foot models available